Avian influenza in wild birds: directions to observe to keep away from the unfold of the virus to poultry farms
The avian influenza virus circulates actively within the wild birds current particularly on the French maritime coasts, from Hauts-de-France to the Atlantic.
In accordance with the Prefecture of Pyrénées-Atlantiques, the virus concerned (extremely pathogenic H5N1) solely impacts birds and poultry. It isn’t transmissible to people. The consumption of poultry meat, foie gras and eggs presents no danger for people.
When a doubtlessly sick chicken is noticed on the coast, you might be requested to not intervene, particularly to not contact the birds, in an effort to restrict the danger of spreading the virus which might contaminate a larger variety of birds..
With a purpose to shield poultry farms, it’s important to respect the next measures.
- The residing surroundings of untamed birds will be contaminated, keep on marked paths
- Don’t method, don’t feed wild birds
- Keep away from contact with wild birds, together with their feathers or droppings
- Don’t decide up wild birds, even when they’re weakened or injured (care facilities now not care for seabirds as a well being precaution), don’t take them to a veterinary follow
- After your stroll within the coastal space, change your garments and sneakers (to be cleaned with a liquid dishwasher-type detergent and disinfected with a bleach resolution), imperatively if you must go to a poultry farm or a farmyard
If you happen to observe the presence of useless wild birds
- Don’t contact useless birds, don’t method
- A report should be made if the mortality issues at the very least:
- 1 useless sea chicken (gannet, gull, gull, tern, and many others.)
- 1 corpse of waterfowl (goose, duck, swan)
- 1 corpse of rallids (coot, rattle, and many others.)
- 1 useless wader (wader, heron, egret, and many others.)
- 1 raptor corpse
- 3 corpses of different species inside a radius of 500 m, in a time step of seven days)
#Avian #influenza #wild #birds #directions #observe #keep away from #unfold #virus #poultry #farms