The Cherbourg ferry terminal and “Le Redoutable” win the 2022 version
Blissful birthday to the Cité de la Mer. For its twentieth anniversary, the museum, residing within the coronary heart of the transatlantic maritime station of Cherbourg, provides itself the title of Favourite Monument of the French within the eponymous program broadcast on France 3, Wednesday September 14.
Fourteen emblematic monuments representing the 4 corners of France competed for the title to succeed Place Stanislas in Nancy, having received the 2021 version, and the Citadel and the lion of Belfort, title holder in 2020.
A primary participation in 2015
It’s finally in Normandy that the heritage constructing is situated, acclaimed by Web customers who took half within the vote on the France 3 web site. The Cherbourg maritime station, but additionally the submarine The Redoubtableenthroned subsequent to the monument since July 4, 2000 will now be adorned with a plaque indicating this new title, supplied by Stéphane Bern on the finish of this system.
The constructing, inaugurated in 1933, had already participated within the competitors arrange by France Télévisions in 2015, throughout the second version of the present. He had not managed to win the title, received that 12 months by the Belfry of Arras, nonetheless providing third place.
The present was then deprogrammed earlier than returning in 2020 simply earlier than the heritage days throughout which many locations are open to the general public.
The total rating
As is customary, all through its course, The Favourite Monument of the French detailed the rating of the finalist monuments following the vote. The Fort de Schoenenbourg, within the Grand-Est and the Pont Transbordeur, in New Aquitaine, full the highest 3.
Right here, so as, is the total rating on the finish of the competitors:
- The Cherbourg transatlantic ferry terminal and the Le Redoutable submarine (Cherbourg-en-Cotentin) in Normandy
- Fort Schoenenbourg (Hunspach and Ingolsheim) within the Grand-Est area
- The transporter bridge (Rochefort and Échillais) in New Aquitaine
- The rock and the chapel Saint-Michel d’Aiguilhe (Aiguilhe) in Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes
- The historic mining heart of Lewarde (Lewarde) in Hauts-de-France
- Fontenay Abbey (Marmagne) in Burgundy-Franche-Comté
- The synagogue of Carpentras (Carpentras) in Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur
- The chapel of Maison Saint-Yves (Saint-Brieuc) in Brittany
- The Zévallos dwelling (Le Moule) in Guadeloupe
- Saint-Martin-du-Canigou Abbey (Casteil) in Occitania
- The Robert Tatin museum (Cossé-le-Vivien) in Pays de la Loire
- The fort of Vaux-le-Vicomte (Maincy) in Île-de-France
- The fort of Azay-le-Rideau (Azay-le-Rideau) in Centre-Val de Loire
- The prehistoric web site of Filitosa (Sollacaro) in Corsica
#Cherbourg #ferry #terminal #Redoutable #win #version