Modulating it for better treatment ⋅ Inserm, le magazine n°54 ⋅ Inserm
In the contents of the September 2022 issue, discover the file Consciousness: modulate it to better heal A bimonthly news magazine, the Inserm magazine illustrates the discoveries, debates and questions of constantly changing biomedical research.
Hypnosis against pain, meditation to reduce anxiety, EMDR to curb traumatic memories… Many approaches already promise to treat by modulating consciousness. For a long time, these techniques remained shunned by scientific research, because they were considered too esoteric. It is not the case anymore ! Better still: other innovative approaches, such as deep brain stimulation or psychedelics, are under consideration. But what do we really know about consciousness? Can we really manipulate it at will? Which methods are effective in modifying mental states in a controlled manner, and for which indications? The Inserm magazine takes stock, in the light of recent results in this field.
Read the magazine
- ADHD Towards a universal consensus
- Genetics: Promoters control genes from a distance
- Wolfram syndrome: Restore all communications
- Imaging: Journey Among the Ships
- Bipolar Disorders: A Decade of Discovery
- Cancer: From map to territory
- United States/Aging: How about rejuvenating killer cells?
- Véronique Witko-Sarsat: Neutrophils, finally recognized!
- Deniz Dalkara: “I understood that it was possible to reactivate the acuity zone of the retina”
- Powerful Alexander; Aim for excellence in hematology
- Consciousness: modulate it to better heal
- Regenerative Medicine: Flesh and Bone
- Immunity: Custom Antibody Creator
- Prescriptions: Are children being given too much medicine?
- Participatory research: Inserm organizes its first Science and Society meetings
#Modulating #treatment #Inserm #magazine #n54 #Inserm