Canal+ delays, Warner positions itself, Mediawan withdraws

Canal+ delays, Warner positions itself, Mediawan withdraws

Sale of OCS: Canal+ delays, Warner positions itself, Mediawan withdraws

Whereas negotiations drag on between Orange and Canal+ across the sale of OCS, Warner is making an attempt his luck.

Who to take over OCS and its 3 million subscribers? Launched fourteen years in the past, the channel package deal has been on sale for almost 24 months. Not worthwhile, OCS has amassed between 400 million and 500 million euros in losses since its inception, Orange is subsequently in search of to half with it. The primary takeover candidate, Canal+ entered superior negotiations a number of months in the past with the French incumbent operator for the takeover of the Orange Content material entity, which incorporates OCS but in addition Orange Studio, which produces and distributes movies. The Vivendi subsidiary already owns 33% of OCS (the remaining 67% being held by Orange) and already gives the OCS catalog inside its personal gives, it’s furthermore its first distributor.

If an settlement appeared about to be concluded in September, the method is dragging on in response to info from Les Echos. The Canal+ group can be demanding by asking for the cost of 100 million euros to repay a part of the debt. Orange wouldn’t be towards offered that it ensures the upkeep of the employment of the 60 workers of OCS.

This slowness within the negotiations might nicely profit a brand new main candidate, Warner. The American big has positioned itself this summer time, confirms the every day. At a time when it plans to launch its HBO Max streaming service in France in 2024, i.e. on the finish of the distribution contract between OCS and HBO, Warner might, within the occasion of a takeover, pocket 3 million subscribers directly. , purchase a package deal of channels already in place and probably get hold of a snug place within the media chronology sooner or later.

For the takeover of OCS, one other identify is circulating, the British Sky. In distinction, Mediawan would have determined to withdraw its supply.

This text was taken from the Univers FreeBox web site

#Canal #delays #Warner #positions #Mediawan #withdraws